What does "ISHA" stand for? Find out and join the club!

WELCOME TO THE ISHA ("ee-sha') GIRL CLUB - where you don't have to be a girl to join in the journey!

Simply incorporate the following principles into your everyday life and you're "IN"! So, come join the "ISHA GIRL CLUB" and join me in my journey to better overall health of mind, body and spirit!

I
INDIVIDUALITY/WARRIOR II Pose (Virabhadrasana II)
ISHA GIRLS are "bold, beautiful, confident and tuff"...their confidence lies in God and they are "SHINERS". They identify their strengths and unique talents and spend time developing both so they can enlighten and uplift others with their gifts.

S
SERVE others & SPREAD "Aloha"/HEART
ISHA GIRLS know "to find one's life, they must lose it". With "aloha" (LOVE) in their hearts they serve. This humbles them, broadens their perspective and increases their compassion while decreasing judgement, fear and selfishness.

H
HIPPYISH/PLANT
ISHA GIRLS have a "go green" mentality in how they live their lives. They respect their bodies (exercise, eat right and get rest) and their Earth (reduce, reuse and recycle).

A
ACQUIRE further light & knowledge/OWL
ISHA GIRLS never stop learning. They are invigorated by obtaining new knowledge, broadening their scope and improving their minds through both temporal and spiritual study.

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Who is ISHA GIRL?


Photo by Erika Pike

About ISHA ("ee-sha") GIRL: 
My name is Alli Condie Louthain.  I live in Indianapolis, Indiana with my husband and four children, ages ranging from almost 16 years to almost 5 years old.  Over the years I've come to be known as a little "hippyish" by my family and friends.  I say hippyish-because I am all about the 3R's, saving the earth, eating healthier and taking care of yourself!!  In 2010 I googled "hippyish" and came across the word ISHA with the following definition in the Urban Dictionary…

"A rare form of women, who posses beauty and super coolness...and often gives strange but acceptable and attractive looks to people across the room. Isha represents awesomeness mixed with a random hint of strange but interesting characteristics. Isha has multiple meanings, such as "the ruling goddess" in Sanskrit."

“You're like an Isha…A cute hippyish girl who lives in a very hippie town!” 

(Urban Dictionary Definition of ISHA (ee-sha) 2010)
                                                             Photo by Brandon Shirley

I loved it immediately and knew it was the word for me and my identity or alter ego, so to speak.  Thus ISHA GIRL was born.  I feel like I have been on a journey to better health ever since my health "tanked" in 2009.  There have been ups and downs but I know this journey will be a life long one and I decided years ago-I don't want to go it alone.  So "join the ISHA GIRL CLUB" and come with me on this journey to optimal health and happiness!!


Photo by Erika Pike

Yoga Background:

The first time I did yoga in 2005-I hated it!  It was so different than any kind of exercise I’d ever done before.  But I could not deny the physical benefits I felt from it, and stuck with it.  

Hate quickly turned to LOVE as I became more flexible and more grounded. Yoga has become an integral part of my everyday life and the more I learn about it the more I LOVE it!  True yoga practice is so much more than just a "good stretch" benefiting the mind, body and soul!


I grew up skiing, hiking and biking in Salt Lake City, Utah and I have always tried to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle as I've moved all over the country (I've lived in Southern California, Hawaii, Central Michigan, West Virginia and Indiana and have loved them all.)

I met my husband in Laie, Hawaii 20 years ago and have tried to spread “Aloha” (LOVE) wherever I go.  I found teaching yoga almost 15 years ago as the perfect way for me to do just that.
I am certified through Peace Through Yoga and registered through Yoga Alliance.  I am proficient in teaching all of the following styles of yoga; All Levels Vinyasa Flow, Gentle, Restorative, Yin, yoga for kids, Power Vinyasa, Pre-Natal and Chair Yoga!!  I also specialize in teaching classes for teenage girls and children infused with my own motivational speaking style and creativity.  I have created and taught unique themed programs for both, namely “Tall Ones & Small Ones”, “Butterfly Effect: YOGA FOR GIRLS” and “Kids' Yoga Adventures".  Over the last decade, I have had the honor of training other Yoga Instructors, as well as, heading up the FAMILY YOGA section at the yearly Monumental Yoga event in downtown Indy.  I also have given numerous workshops and had fun singing in a kirtan group called "Samadhi Loves You" for many years.  I feel blessed that my journey has led me to many open doors, diverse groups of people and a deeper understanding of myself.  Yoga helps me live life to its fullest.

ofa atu,
Alli Louthain

17 comments:

  1. I love the definition of Isha..can I be an isha girl too? How do you suggest I start on this adventure to better health? MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. second star to the right and straight on until morning!. Way to reach for the stars and become one yourself. Good luck and Godspeed!
    greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what the ISHA girl respresents! Felt like I learned a thing or two. You are inspiring, Alli! I'd love to try yoga...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! I love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed. Way to live your dream! Wish I could attend your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the website and the realization of your dream. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for you!!! The times I have tried yoga consistently I have loved it. I guess I just needed you to inspire me to try it again! I am proud of you for taking charge of your health and for your desire to share the good things you have found with others. Love you Tons!!! Tonya

      Delete
  7. The above "unknown" is your Aunt Tonya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, your blog looks great. I love your teen concept. Very inspiring. I need yoga for adults who destroyed their posture as a teenager because they were insecure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job Alli! It looks like you are having a lot of fun! I wish we lived in the same spot maybe you could convert me to yoga :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! My best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Alli! This is amazing! Congratulations on an amazing website and everything you've learned for yourself and taught others. It's so cool. Caroline is dying to do yoga- we need to get into it especially if it can help manage stress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great! I'm glad it is all coming together for you, and that you can see the dream coming true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you are finding time to fulfill your dreams while homeschooling, momming, cooking, yogaing, and doing it all with great enthusiasm!!! Brooke Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fantastic! So happy you are following your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a beautiful ISHA woman--inside and out! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this, Alli!! This is so wonderful. I wish we lived near you so we could come to your classes. We'll definitely follow the blog. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete